With these strange times we now find ourselves in and so many people staying safely at home, it’s a great opportunity to do some spring cleaning! And, where better to start than with your blinds!
At Right Price Blinds, it’s a common question we’re asked – just what is the best way to keep those blinds fresh and clean?
Here are our top 5 tips for cleaning your blinds;
- Firstly – Clear the area around your window sill and open your blind down fully
- Vacuum – If your vacuum cleaner has a dust attachment start off by using this to remove as much dust and dirt as possible. Vacuum from top to bottom on both sides of the fabric.
- Damp clean –Never try to wash fabric blinds because it might cause their dye to run. Instead, after spot testing for colorfastness, use a damp (not wet) microfibre cloth to wipe away heavier dirt.
- Stubborn Stain Removal – If you cannot remove a stain with water alone, try using a fabric stain removal product. Simply treat the stained area following the manufacturer’s instructions. Warning! While this is an effective cleaning method there is a possibility that the treated area of the blind may look lighter than the rest of the blind, depending on the colour/texture of the fabric.
- Finally – Give your blinds a quick dust down as part of your regular cleaning routine and they should only require a deeper clean once or twice a year.
- Cleaning blinds
Keep in mind that most of our materials come in a washable option, which is often a good choice for rooms where they are likely to get more wear and tear, such as the kitchen/bathroom. Going with timber/aluminium Venetian blinds is another good option in these rooms.
Right Price Blinds are Munster’s top suppliers of Roller Blinds, Venetian Blinds, Vertical Blinds, Roman Blinds, Panel Blinds and Velux Roof Blinds. Our experienced sales people will bring our mobile showrooms to you, allowing you to pick your blinds in the comfort of your own home. So whether you’re moving into a new house or updating your existing interior design, why not relax and let us take the hassle out of choosing blinds!
Contact Right Price Blinds for more information or call us on 087 160 6509.